Friday, April 27, 2012

Rainy days and my words


Taken from Internet
By Liudmila Peña Herrera
I like cloudy days because it seems the island becomes the world and the Caribbean heat of Cuba evaporates as if by pure magic.
I love rainy days because they remind me of my childhood, when the water drops fell outside and I could see through the open window of my dreams how earth and sky mingled in the distant horizon.
These days I am inspired to drink a cup of hot tea with milk, while I hear the passionate voice of Raul Paz who sang: “Solo tú y yo sabemos lo que nos pasó” (“Just you and me know what happened to us…”).
Then, my youngest neighbor gets to ecstasy with his “reggaetón” that floods all the neighborhood and I write, like never, by hand. Meanwhile, my computer is off, because Iʼm a child again and I enjoy the smell of the wet land and the magic of the letters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment